The following terms and conditions will apply to your stay at any property managed by Mount Gambier Apartments.
By making a booking and paying a deposit, you agree to abide by and comply with these terms and conditions.
It is your responsibility to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions before making a booking and paying a deposit.
- A breach of these Terms and Conditions by you and or your guests may result in, but is not limited to, you being evicted from the Premises, losing your band and/or monies paid (or owed) by you.
- Use of the Premises for any event or use other than as residential holiday or corporate accommodation will result in the immediate termination of the booking for the Premises, removal of the guest(s) and other occupants from the Premises and other costs or expenses (including a function/extra cleaning fee) being charged to the guest’s credit card. If insufficient funds are available; the debt will be passed onto a debt collecting company or the courts for the debt plus recovery costs.
- Maintain noise at a reasonable level and, in particular, between 10pm and 8am.
- Comply with parking and show consideration to neighbours and other vehicles
- Dispose of garbage and recycling in accordance with the usual practice at the property and in the allocated bins.
- Refrain from engaging in any drunken, obscene or antisocial behaviour
Tariffs and Fees.
- Tariffs, Prices/ quotations are subject to change without notice and will not be guaranteed until deposit has been processed and you have received formal confirmation of your booking from us via, email, SMS or letter.
- Tariffs published on our website are subject to change without notice.
- In the case of a guest locking themselves out of the accommodation premises a call out fee of $40 will apply for management to assist with re entry to the property
Payment and Deposit and Bond
- We accept payment either by credit card (Visa and Master Card and Amex, a 3.5% surcharge applies to all Amex Cards), or Electronic Funds Transfer and cash. If paying with cash on arrival a valid credit card will need to be supplied to secure the booking, until the time that the monies have been paid with cash.
- Upon booking or within 24 hours of making a booking a minimum $200 deposit must be paid (if total booking price less than $200 then full amount is due). If we have not received the deposit with the set time frame the booking lapses.
- For bookings made within 2 weeks before your arrival date, long weekends, Easter, Christmas or Special Events, full payment is required at the time of booking.
- The balance of payment is to be paid 14 days prior to your arrival.
- Management reserve the right to request a bond per property in either cash or a valid credit card guarantee and reserve the right to debit your credit card or use the cash to pay for any breakages and damages.
Refunds and Terminating your booking
- If you cancel your booking for any reason, the following cancellation fees apply.
- All cancellations must be notified in writing via email, SMS or letter.
- Cancellations on Long Weekends, Easter, Christmas, Peak Periods or Special Events: A refund or part refund will only be available if the property is re-let. A $25 administration fee will apply to any refund.
- All other Cancellations, notified 30 days prior to arrival will be entitled to a refund of the deposit paid less a $25 administration fee.
- Cancellations notified 14-30 days prior to arrival would be entitled to a 50% refund of deposit paid, less a $25 administration fee also.
- Cancellations notified less than 14 days prior to arrival or failure to notify a cancellation will forfeit the deposit paid.
- No refund will be given for early departure.
Termination by agent
- If the Premises becomes unavailable for occupancy before or during your stay for any reason (i.e. damage to the Premises, carrying out emergency Repairs, sale of the Premises by the owner, the termination of our appointment to act as Agent for the Premises or any other eventually), we will endeavour to find suitable alternative arrangements for your stay. If satisfactory alternative arrangements cannot be made, we will refund monies paid for the whole or part of the booking not fulfilled.
- We cannot be held responsible should a property be listed for sale, sold or the Agent’s appointment to act is terminated and your booking is cancelled.
Check-in and Check-Out.
- Check in is after 2pm and before 10 pm on the day of your arrival. We do not maintain an office at the property. We will be in contact with you to advise check in arrangements the day of or day prior to your arrival. All queries in regards to check in should be directed to Carol on 0409 250 577.
- Check out must be before 10am on your day of departure. Late check out must be by prior arrangement or a $35 per hour fee will be debited to your credit card if you have not vacated by 10am.
Use of Premises
- To maintain a good standard for guests, certain conditions need to be complied with when staying at the premises. We appreciate that most guests will respect the relevant property, but because of the occasional case of abuse there is a need to draw your attention to the following conditions:
- On departure, the premises must be left in a similar state to the condition on your arrival, including all the dishes washed and put away and all food removed from cupboards and refrigerator. Any furniture that has been moved is to be returned to its original position. Failure to leave the premises in a satisfactory manner will result in you incurring extra charges. Extra hourly charge for cleaning is $28 an hr Monday to Friday, $38 an hr on Saturdays and $48 an hour on Public Holidays and Sundays. Any other extra cleaning such as carpet cleaning will be charged as per invoice to us. You authorise us to charge you for the additional costs we incur to clean the premises on your departure if this condition is not observed.
Number of occupants. Number of persons = number of beds…there are to be no extra persons sleeping at the property. There are to be no extra persons other than the number booked for, extra fees will apply for extra persons. No tents, swags, campervans, etc. are to be erected or parked on the property. If this occurs you will be asked to leave.
- You must not use the Premises for any unlawful purpose.
- You must not smoke in the Premises.
- Animals and pets are not permitted on or in the premises, in breach of this condition you will be asked to leave and a commercial cleaning fee will be charged and passed onto you.
Bookings are accepted in good faith. We cannot be held responsible for actions taken by the owner of the premises or other occurrences which are outside of our control such as :
- The property is sold.
- The property is altered in any way.
- Malfunction of the inventory articles.
- The property is withdrawn from letting.
- The property has been accidentally doubled booked or unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances. In any of these events we shall make every effort to find alternative accommodation for you.
The description of the accommodation by us is given in good faith; we will not accept any responsibility for misinterpretation, particularly with regards to telephone bookings. To minimize the event we encourage you to visit the web site www.mountgambierapartments.com.au and view the apartments.
Minimum night stays apply at Christmas, Easter, Long Weekends and special events.
- Neither Mount Gambier Apartments nor the owner of the Premises takes any responsibility for the loss or theft of your personal property or for any bodily injury that occurs on or at the Premises.
- Breakages or Damages. You will be held responsible for any damage, breakages, theft or loss of any property on or in the Premises during your stay (including keys and remote controls). If any property is affected in this manner, you will be responsible for all related costs for the repair or replacement of the affected property. You authorise us to deduct these costs from your bond (if any), monies paid (or owed) by you and if further required, charge your credit card accordingly or issue a bill if this amount exceeds your bond and no credit card is supplied.
Parties and other entertaining
We have a zero policy on parties/functions being held in or on the Premises. A party being defined as:
- Any situation where the maximum number of guests allowed per Premises is exceeded
- Any situation where the noise level from the Premises is deemed too high thereby disturbing other guests and/or residents
- Any situation where it is deemed that intoxication is occurring
- Any situation where it is identified that excessive alcohol is present
If any Premises are identified as having a party or function we reserve the right to immediately request all occupants of the Premises to vacate the Premises and terminate the stay. In such a situation, the Total Booking Fee will be forfeited. In addition any expense resulting from additional cleaning, replacement of any furniture/fixture/breakage, including lost keys as well as any repairs will be deducted from the bond or charged to your credit card. If there is any loss of rent or income due to the property being under repair or uninhabitable you will also be responsible for these charges until such a time that the property is available to be re let.